Open Sided Bookcases

| 10/22/2010 | |
Forrest from Huntington Beach, CA sent in pictures of these great bookshelves he built for his wife.  Great job, Forrest!  My wife recently asked me for something similar so I might steal some of your design.

This bookcase was my first.  It is about 4 ft tall made of mahogany with shellac finish.  The top is frame & panel.




My wife then wanted 2 bookcase, white, each 3 ft tall.  The prototype turned out to be too short for her needs.  Poplar with brush painted Behr interior acrylic.


She liked the 'open' look and wanted 2 at 6 ft.  Also polar but spray painted with Sherwin-Williams pigmented lacquer to match the window cornices.  To enhance the 'open' look, I painted the back the same color as the walls.  The mouldings are store-bought and the reeding with a hand-held router.




FOR ALL FOUR:  I used the SS table saw, jointer, planer and drill press not only for the cases, but also for the several jigs that I made to ease machining.

0 comments:

Post a Comment